Advice for your 20s
It’s common that the older you get, the more you may find yourself saying I wish I knew that sooner. In the end we have to be thankful for every twist, turn and difficult thing we’ve experienced and the lessons they have taught us along the way. In light of this, we asked each member of our team for a piece of advice they would give their 20 year old self.
Here it goes…
- Everything is a valuable lesson, even if it doesn't feel like it at the time. Try to enjoy the journey.
- Don’t let your past dictate your future, believe in yourself and what you want to achieve.
- Believe in yourself and that you are so much more than you think you are, and you can do so much more than you think you can.
- People that are intimidated by you will talk bad about you with the hope that others won't find you so appealing.
- Do it all again. Travel, prioritise friends and don’t get bogged down in a career too early. Budget and always have some savings. Always keep looking ahead, not back.
- Think about how you feed yourself physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally, the sooner you do this, the less stressed you’ll be.
- Always keep in mind that a job is just a job. No one is going to say the thing they like about you is your job.
- With the right mentality, you’ll put your best self forward and give yourself the best chance of achieving your goals.
- Use SPF and create boundaries for yourself. The earlier you start, the quicker they become muscle memory.
Date: 14 October 2022